Why Choose Malta?
Get to know more about the Maltese Islands
Malta is a small island located in the centre of the Mediterranean Sea with a population of about 430,000 people and two main languages, English being one of them.
English is the mother language for a large part of the population and it is vastly spoken throughout the Maltese islands.
In the summer months, Malta welcomes about 80,000 English language students from around the world who venture to the island to improve their knowledge of English, as well as to enjoy the hot weather and beautiful sea.
Besides the large number of English language students, Malta also welcomes a number of people who come here for a period of time to gain work experience in an English speaking country.
Malta also hosts many different events from local, traditional celebrations such as village feasts and firework displays to large, international parties such as the Isle of MTV or the Lost & Found Festival. There’s something to entertain everyone, just take a look at our events section. We’re happy to help you plan your time here in order to make your experience in Malta a memorable one!
FAQ's About Malta
There are many different activities to suit different people’s interests:
- Sea activities – swimming, scuba diving, fishing, sailing, stand-up-paddle boarding, water sports…
- Land activities – jeep safaris, quad bike tours, horse-riding, go-carting, archery, golf, tennis, squash, football, hiking, cycling…
- Events – nightclubs, boat parties, village feasts, music festivals, ethnic markets, beer/wine festivals…
Quite easy. You can choose from the following:
- Public bus service
- Rent a car/scooter/bicycle
- Taxis service
- Ferry and water taxi service
Almost everyone in Malta speaks English. The local people are kind and willing to help anyone in need. There are also many foreign communities and activities where people get together to meet new people.
The cost of living in Malta is average compared to other countries.
- The cost of food in Malta is about €300 per month for a person depending on his/her shopping habits.
- The monthly rent for a single apartment is between €450 –
- Basic water and electricity is about €80 per month.
- The average monthly salary is €1,000.